Sunday, June 6, 2010

Bearing My Rolls.



Ok.  In my last post, which was a shameful 4 months ago, I eluded to the fact that future post would be about losing weight.  And, now I am back to share with you what I have been doing over this last little while.  Besides being a mother and wife.  I have gone back to work as an Account Executive in the world of print advertising.  As exciting as it is to be back at work, and as challenging and gratifying (most of the time)as my job is..... Work is the LAST thing I want to talk about.


I have undertaken a job the likes of which I have never known--weight loss.  On January 26, 2010.  I responded to a sign on a local shopping center marquis, for Jazzercise.  At the time, I wasn't working and had become sedentary, bored and, well... fat.  Since high school track, I have rarely been interested in anything remotely related to exercise, beyond a stroll through the mall.  But, this particular activity has consumed me.  Dance, laugh, loose weight?  Sign me up!!!


Classes consist  of 30 minutes of aerobic dance.  The routines are a fun mix of Jazz, hip-hop, kick-boxing, and old school Jane Fonda style aerobics.  The second 30 minutes includes stretch, strength training and cool down, sprinkles of yoga and pilates keep it fresh and challenging.  It is the happiest hour of my day.  The music is current and the instructors are inspirational.  I am sold.


On that January 26, 2010, I weighed in at a whopping 221lbs.  Now let me put this in perspective for those of you not immediately alarmed at that number.  I have never weighed over 200 lbs in my life!! Not even at 9 months pregnant.  Not either of the 4 times I have been pregnant!  With a family history of diabetes and high blood pressure, as well as a personal history of gestational diabetes and high cholesterol, It is not ok for me to be obese. Besides, There is NOTHING cute about that number. 221 lbs, hmmp!


So, I "joined" Jazzercise and have been attending classes about 5x a week ever since. As I write, today, I weigh about 205 lbs.  Up to this point I have refused to "diet".  I love to eat.  It goes against my mental constitution to eliminate entire food groups, take a bunch of  pills and herbs, or restrict myself into a depression fueled binge.  Yet, as happy as  am with my +/- 1lb/wk weight loss, I have been pondering a way to  amp up my results.  So,  today, I  bit the bullet and sined up to try Weight Watchers.  I have always and only heard great things about the program and the "lifestyle" it teaches.  Jennifer Hudson's new trim physique  has also piqued my interest.

Now armed with a point calculator, support books, e-tools and weekly meetings, I am on a mission to loose 55 lbs.  By January 1, 2011.  GOD help me!

I will try to update often with more pics and scoop on my progress.  Any encouraging works, tips, and 2 cents will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for  reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Cha Ching